Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring??

It's supposed to be Spring, but some days... Of course, I do see a lot more sunrises than I used to. We've had plenty of foggy mornings where the alpacas just blend into the mist. We've been getting ready for our first baby, coming around the 19th of April. Jo and I both have been to neo-natal workshops, so hopefully we'll be prepared. I'm hoping we'll just pass by the window , there they'll be, doing their alpaca thing without any help from us.




The two boys (alpacas) are getting big. They're about 10 months old now. Gabriel, the white one weighs at least 15 pound more than Duende, but it always seems like Duende's starting the fights. They're just like typical boys...always seeing who can best the other. When we let them out into the field, we have to stand back, as they literally kick up their heels when they get out. Yesterday, they were chasing each other across the field, and they made a mad dash straight toward me. I thought I was going to have to hit the deck, but they swerved off just in the nick of time. They've become quite entertaining.

No comments: